To drive multiple strings of traffic to your business you should engage in a five pronged approach. Each one is designed to attract and drive potential customers to your business.
1. SEO (Search Engine Optimization)is still the number one source for leads and traffic.You should allocate 50% of your marketing budget to an SEO campaign. The number of Internet users continues to grow exponentially,for instance,in 1999 there were 105 million users and in there are 2.7 billion users. 95 % of all searches for products and services are starting on line first. Getting your business to the top of search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc. so your potential clients can find you,is critical to your businesses survival.
2. Social Media Marketing is the new PR. It’s a way to let the world know about your business and brand from a more personal perspective. Share the good things that you’re doing in the community. Share recent awards and testimonials from satisfied customers that you received. Business is still about people and you have to connect with them. If you are actively engaged in social media marketing, then this will be where the referrals will come from. You should allocate 20% of your marketing budget to an effect Social Media campaign.
3. PPC (Pay per Click advertising) is an excellent way to target a specific customer searching on the Web. Targeted traffic is the key difference between casual browsers window shopping on your website versus attracting hot leads and prospects likely to contact and buy from you. PPC allows you to budget an Ad campaign directed at targeted keyword phases that through keyword research allows for the most potential in attracting customers to your business. Allocate 10 % of your marketing budget to PPC.
4. Blogging allows you to create relevant content for your customers. Content that sets your business apart from the rest. Link you blog back to your Website and the search engines recognize this and will eventually rank your site higher thus driving traffic back to your Website. Blogging relevant content about your expertise will position you and your business as the expert and as a result build your Brand. Allocate 10% of your marketing efforts to Blogging.
5. Off- Line marketing will help round off your marketing effort. Newsletters, Flyers, Networking, Sponsorships, etc. You may have clients that may not be internet savvy. Utilize some off-line tactics to gain access to this clientele. Regardless of the tactic, you should always measure its success. Allocate 10% of your marketing to Off-line tactics.
Ninety percent of the success of a business is not the products and services provided; it’s all about the marketing. You have great products and service, what you need is traffic, people reaching out to your business so you can satisfy their needs. Utilize these tactics effectively and watch your business grow.
Denali & Associates. www.denaliassociates.com